Found in 13 Collections and/or Records:
Abstract Adolph Hubbard was a Boston area lawyer and co-founder of the Zionist Organization of America. In 1918, he was appointed as Administrator of the American Zionist Medical Unit by Louis D. Brandeis, and traveled to Palestine to aid in the provision of medical services and establish the American Jewish Hospital. From the 1930s to 1950s, Hubbard was an active and leading member of Zionist organizations. Following his death in 1971, $10,000 was given in his name to establish a Nahala through the...
Dates: undated, 1918-1972
Abstract A Boston lawyer, Hebrew scholar and Yiddish orator, Benjamin Rabalsky was involved in the local Zionist movement. A member of the American Jewish Congress, American Zion Commonwealth, Boston West End Jewish Liberty Loan Committee, Zion Association of Greater Boston and New England Zionist Region, he dedicated much of his time to Zionist causes. This collection contains a small amount of business correspondence and family correspondence.
Dates: undated, 1913-1932
Abstract This collection contains correspondence from Bernard Weinronk of Port Elizabeth, South Africa, to his cousin Bernard Weinberg of Boston, Massachusetts. Also included are meeting minutes describing the goals, resolutions, and activities of Zionist groups in which Weinronk was active.
Abstract George and Sadie Kramer were active and dedicated members of the Zionist movement. Much of their work was done within their home community in Malden, Massachusetts. In Malden they addressed issues facing the Jewish community both locally and globally, including advocacy for Palestine to become the Jewish homeland, organizing community events, and working with the United Jewish Appeal. George and Sadie were also involved in Malden’s Masonic Lodges, George as a Grand Noble and Sadie as a lifetime...
Dates: undated, 1900-1964
Abstract Harry Levine was the Massachusetts President and Chairman of the Board of the U.S. Plastic and Chemical Company. He was highly involved in the establishment of the State of Israel, primarily related to his facilitating the construction and import of Uzi submachine guns into then British-Mandated Palestine. The majority of this collection includes transcribed interviews with Levine, photographs and correspondence. Biographical information, certificates, speeches and news articles are also...
Dates: undated, 1944-1977
Abstract The Jewish Agency for Israel (JAFI) was established in 1929 to assist the Jewish population in Palestine. It is now the largest Jewish nonprofit organization in the world and seeks to connect the Jewish diaspora to Israel and vice versa, as well as running programs to support the Israeli population through education and economic development. This collection centers on the Department for Renewal and Development within JAFI, primarily between the years 1990 through 1992 and includes reports to...
Dates: undated, circa 1987-1992
Abstract There is little information on the Kadimah Zionist Club as an organization other than being a regional branch of the Zionist Organization of America. Past presidents included Benjamin Rabalsky, Morris Rabinovitz, and Max Miller. The club occupied two locations, 27 School Street in Boston in 1929 and by 1934 and 1935, Barristers Hall, also in Boston. This collection contains the records of the Kadimah Zionist Club, 1929-1935. It includes a membership list for January 1929, letters sent to...
Dates: undated, 1929-1935
Abstract Max Nigrosh was the President of the Jewish National Fund of Greater Boston and a leader in the Zionist movement in the early to mid-20th century.
Dates: undated, 1919-1948
Abstract Meyer H. Goldman was a Boston-based lawyer and Zionist. This collection contains meeting minutes, pamphlets on Zionism, correspondence—including letters between Goldman and the American Council for Judaism, regarding their opposing views on Zionism—drafts of plays and skits, and three books.
Abstract Oscar and Celia Sterman immigrated to the United States in 1916 and settled in Brookline, Massachusetts, where they raised a family and became increasingly involved in the establishment of the State of Israel. The Stermans donated funds for the construction of several buildings in Beersheba and Eilat, Israel, including a library, sports center, youth center, and also provided funding for the addition of the Electro Mechanic Department to the Max Pine Trade Center. This collection documents both...
Dates: undated, 1939-2009