Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
Abstract The Cambridge Hebrew Ladies Educational Society was first formed in 1898 for the purpose of teaching the Hebrew language to Jewish children. The society was renamed the Cambridge Hebrew Women's Aid Society in 1914, and reorganized to include a broad range of philanthropic causes, including the care of tubercular patients and provision of Passover food to the needy. The collection contains bound ledgers of meeting minutes from 1914-1969.
Abstract Includes a copy of the constitution and a short history of the congregation; the minute books (1911-1923; 1939-1945) and financial records (1925-1937) of various activities of the synagogue and its relation with local, national and international Jewish events. Of special interest are the synagogue’s involvement in the providing of kosher meat in the Cambridge area, and its relation with the Cambridge and Somerville Hebrew Literary Association which maintained a Hebrew Free School. Minute book...
- Names: Cambridge Hebrew Women's Aid Society X