Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 11
Abstract Rabbi of Boston. Diaries containing notes and reflections on religious and personal matters, on a trip to Israel and Europe, and on current political events. Includes general observations of a hospital chaplain and background information on patients at Boston City Hospital where Alpert served as the Jewish chaplain; includes material from the Massachusetts Board of Rabbis and the Eastern New England Conference of Liberal Rabbis. Material also consists of a scrap book containing newspaper...
Abstract This collection contains awards and honors, business records, meeting minutes, financial documents, correspondence, manuscripts, interview transcripts, and speeches documenting the work and personal lives of lawyer and philanthropist David R. Pokross and his wife Muriel K. Pokross.
Identifier: I-123 and I-123A
Abstract This collection includes material preceding and relating to the founding of the Jewish Community Relations Council of Greater Boston (JCRC), including early papers of the local American Jewish Committee and the Central Advisory Committee (a predecessor agency),the constitution and by-laws of the JCRC, material relating to organizational membership in and representation in the organizations, correspondence of the officers and staff, minutes of meetings and proceedings of its Administrative...
Abstract The records provide material relating to the accreditation, fundraising, management, planning, policies, programs, and public relations of a hospital that continues to serve the Greater Boston area. The records includes correspondence of various Presidents, Board Members, and Executive Directors; Board and committee minutes; scrapbooks, photographs, videotape, and film created by the Public Relations department; records of various Auxiliary groups; correspondence, reports, surveys, and other...
Abstract The Jewish Vocational Aid Society of Boston, founded by Mrs. Margaret Davidson and incorporated under the laws of Massachusetts in 1907 as the Jewish Children's Aid Society; original purpose was in aiding destitute Jewish children. In 1936 became known as the Jewish Vocational Aid Society; members focused efforts on raising funds for needy Jewish students. Later, eligibility for scholarships was expanded to include non-Jewish students as well. In 1973 was forced to transfer most of its funds to...
Abstract The Kehillath Israel Synagogue Collection includes numerous photographs, publications and event information pertaining to services, fundraisers and anniversaries at the Synagogue from its first official year in 1924 to more recently, 2001. The primary bulk of the papers consist of photographs, K.I. Brotherhood papers and ephemera, and activities supported by the Synagogue. Kehillath Israel was home to noteworthy Rabbis, including Louis M. Epstein, Judah Nadich, and Manual Saltzman....
Abstract Lawerence A. (Larry) Ruttman is an attorney and author. This collection contains drafts, manuscripts, notes, research, correspondence, interviews, photographs, news clippings, book reviews, and VHS tapes documenting the research, writing, publication, and promotion of Ruttman’s two books, Voices of Brookline and American Jews and America's Game, as well as other work in the field of biographical cultural history.
Abstract This collection consists of the New England Student Struggle for Soviet Jewry's correspondence, articles, public awareness materials, membership lists and financial statements from 1970-1975. Included are letters to and from government officials and Rabbis who supported the cause. Notices and flyers are comprised of membership meetings, protests, and lectures. Memorabilia, such as bumper stickers and a protest flag (made of paper) are also included in the collection.
Abstract Robert Silverman was an early leader in American Zionism, taking part in and establishing multiple Zionist organizations in his more than forty years in the movement. This collection consists primarily of documents and photographs related to Silverman’s Zionist work. Documents include correspondence and printed materials from various organizations with which Silverman was involved and pamphlets, maps, and newspaper clippings related to Israel and Palestine. The photographs mainly depict scenes...
Abstract This collection contains photographs, scrapbooks, comic strips, publications, memoirs, and reports documenting the family life of the Sterling, Selesnick, Segal, Shapiro, Katz, and Zoll families, as well as the educational and professional work of Hinda Sterling and Herb Selesnick—particularly the work they conducted for Sterling & Selesnick, Inc., their organizational consulting firm, and Stockworth, the comic strip they produced.
- Subject: Articles X
- Combined Jewish Philanthropies of Greater Boston 4
- Alpert, David B. 1
- American Hospital Association 1
- American Jewish Committee 1
- American Jewish Congress 1
- American Jewish Historical Society 1
- American Zionist Council 1
- B'nai B'rith. Anti-defamation League. 1
- Bigelow, Lynne T. 1
- Birnbaum, Jacob, 1922- 1
- Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association 1
- Bnai Zion (Organization) 1
- Central Conference of American Rabbis 1
- Davidson, Margaret, d. 1912. 1
- Epstein, Louis M., 1887-1949 1
- Fertel, Stanley M. 1
- Florence Heller Graduate School for Advanced Studies in Social Welfare 1
- Gold, Ben-Zion 1
- Goldstein, Israel 1896- 1
- Harvard-Radcliffe Hillel Foundation 1
- Hubrite, Inc. 1
- Israel Office of Information (New York, N.Y.) 1
- Jewish Agency-American Section 1
- Jewish Children's Aid Society (Boston, Mass.) 1
- Jewish Memorial Hospital and Rehabilitation Center (Roxbury, Mass.) 1
- Jewish Vocational Aid Society (Boston, Mass.) 1
- Katz, Hyman, 1899-1975 1
- Katz, Rose Shapiro, 1901-1989 1
- Keren Hayesod 1
- Lipsky, Louis, 1876-1963 1
- Massachusetts Hospital Association 1
- Massachusetts. Department of Public Health 1
- McCarthy, Joseph Raymond, 1908-1957 1
- Nadich, Judah, 1912-2007 1
- National Community Relations Advisory Council (U.S.) 1
- New England Health Care Employees Union 1
- New England Student Struggle for Soviet Jewry 1
- Pokross, David R., 1906-2003 1
- Pokross, Muriel K., 1913-2011 1
- Rothchild, Sylvia, 1923- 1
- Ruttman, Larry 1
- Saltzman, Manual 1
- Schwarz, Donald E. 1
- Segal, Eva Goldberg, 1889-1936 1
- Segal, Robert E. 1
- Selesnick, Herbert L. 1
- Selesnick, Rose Segal, 1915-2006 1
- Selesnick, Sydney, 1909-1990 1
- Silverman, Robert 1
- Sterling, Hinda 1
- Stone, Elihu David 1
- Truman, Harry S., 1884-1972 1
- United Community Planning Corporation 1
- United Israel Appeal 1
- United Jewish Campaign (Boston, Mass.) 1
- United Palestine Appeal (U.S.) 1
- United States. Congress 1
- United Way of Massachusetts Bay 1
- Weizmann, Chaim, 1874-1952 1
- Wise, Stephen S. (Stephen Samuel), 1874-1949 1
- Yeshiva University 1
- Zionist Congress 1
- Zionist Organization of America 1 ∧ less