Showing Collections: 1 - 6 of 6
Abstract Elm Farm Foods was first established as M. Winer Company in 1895 in the North End of Boston. The expansion of this single small store in the next several decades preluded the rise and development of Elm Farm Supermarkets in the region, followed by the company’s shift from retail to wholesale. Winer family holdings have also included various affiliated trusts and corporations managing many aspects of the company’s business and real estate. The bulk of these documents depict the financial...
Overview The Hebrew Teachers Association of Greater Boston was founded in 1909. Its primary purpose was to unite qualified Jewish educators and to provide for their material and spiritual status. The Association first developed a curriculum based on the Bible, the Hebrew language and Jewish history in 1918. It was revised by a committee including the greater Boston Hebrew school principals, the Bureau of Jewish Education and prominent rabbis in 1922. The Association was also involved with Jewish...
Abstract This collection contains scrapbooks, newspaper clippings, newsletters, photographs, and event flyers from the Jewish War Veterans chapter in Lynn, MA, which was founded in the 1950s. The documents provide information on the organization’s purpose and activities. Some information on Jewish War Veterans organizations and their Ladies Auxiliaries in the general North Shore area can also be found in this collection. In 1991, an exhibit was held in the North Shore about the Jewish veterans from the...
Abstract Temple Emanuel Congregation was founded in Newton, Massachusetts in 1935. It is part of United Synagogue of Conservative Judaism (USCJ), and has over 1,100 families in its congregation. Morris Finkelstein became president of the Congregation in 1972 and served until 1975. Main material types include correspondence, governance, membership lists and speeches.
Abstract This collection consists of the New England Student Struggle for Soviet Jewry's correspondence, articles, public awareness materials, membership lists and financial statements from 1970-1975. Included are letters to and from government officials and Rabbis who supported the cause. Notices and flyers are comprised of membership meetings, protests, and lectures. Memorabilia, such as bumper stickers and a protest flag (made of paper) are also included in the collection.
Abstract The Women's Palestine Agricultural Association, called Palagrass, was an organization founded in Boston in the 1920s. Inspired by the work of Rahel Ben-Zvi, Palagrass was established to aid in the agricultural development of Palestine, and later, Israel. This collection contains correspondence, financial records, programs, photographs and membership information.
- Subject: Financial statements X
- Ben-Zvi, Raḥel Yanait, 1886-1979 1
- Birnbaum, Jacob, 1922- 1
- Boston Supermarkets Associates 1
- Chizik, Hanna, 1889-1951 1
- Dudley Trading Company 1
- Elm Farm Foods 1
- Family City Corporation 1
- Finkelstein, Morris 1
- Goller, Morris 1
- Gordon, Leo L. 1
- Hebrew Teachers Association of Greater Boston 1
- Hochberg, Bertha F. 1
- Jewish Heritage Center of the North Shore (Lynn, Mass.) 1
- Jewish War Veterans of the United States of America, Post 31 (Lynn, Mass.) 1
- Jewish War Veterans of the United States of America. Ladies Auxiliary (Beverly, Mass.) 1
- Jewish War Veterans of the United States, Inc. 1
- Jewish War Veterans of the United States, Inc. National Ladies Auxiliary 1
- Joress, Bessie 1
- Leff, Clara 1
- Marathon Realty Corporation 1
- Metropolitan Markets 1
- Mo’etset ha-po’alot 1
- New England Student Struggle for Soviet Jewry 1
- Pine Tree Shopping Center 1
- Pioneer Women (Organization : U.S.) 1
- Temple Emanuel (Newton, Mass.) 1
- United Synagogue of Conservative Judaism 1
- Wanger, David 1
- Weinstock, Rose 1
- Winer, Hy 1
- Winer, Morris, 1871 or 1873-1955 1
- Women’s Palestine Agricultural Association 1
- Yeshiva University 1 ∧ less