Showing Collections: 1 - 7 of 7
Abstract Abraham Bornstein was a well-known publisher and collector of art and art books. In 1923, Bornstein founded the Boston Book and Art Shop, which distributed art books from leading publishers of Europe, as well as published books, portfolios and monographs. Abraham and his wife, Rachel, used their publishing house to help encourage and promote many Jewish artists and writers in the United States, among them, Chaim Grade, a Yiddish poet. This collection contains materials from the Boston Book and...
Abstract George and Sadie Kramer were active and dedicated members of the Zionist movement. Much of their work was done within their home community in Malden, Massachusetts. In Malden they addressed issues facing the Jewish community both locally and globally, including advocacy for Palestine to become the Jewish homeland, organizing community events, and working with the United Jewish Appeal. George and Sadie were also involved in Malden’s Masonic Lodges, George as a Grand Noble and Sadie as a lifetime...
Abstract Jennie Loitman Barron was a judge and suffragist. She earned her law degree and master of law at Boston University. As the first president of the Boston University Equal Suffrage League, JLB advocated for equal rights for women. In 1934 she was appointed by the Governor of Massachusetts as a special Justice of the Western Norfolk District. JLB was the first mother on the Boston School Committee, and the first female United States delegate to the United Nations Congress on Crime and Juvenile...
Abstract The records provide material relating to the accreditation, fundraising, management, planning, policies, programs, and public relations of a hospital that continues to serve the Greater Boston area. The records includes correspondence of various Presidents, Board Members, and Executive Directors; Board and committee minutes; scrapbooks, photographs, videotape, and film created by the Public Relations department; records of various Auxiliary groups; correspondence, reports, surveys, and other...
Abstract Leo Shubow was a Boston rabbi who founded Temple Emanuel in Newton, Massachusetts. Prior to becoming a Rabbi he served as a Yeoman with the International Ice Patrol and wrote frequently about his experiences as well as what happened on the Titanic. This collection contains articles, speeches, and correspondence with Stephen Wise, as well as news clippings and broadsides.
Abstract This collection consists of the New England Student Struggle for Soviet Jewry's correspondence, articles, public awareness materials, membership lists and financial statements from 1970-1975. Included are letters to and from government officials and Rabbis who supported the cause. Notices and flyers are comprised of membership meetings, protests, and lectures. Memorabilia, such as bumper stickers and a protest flag (made of paper) are also included in the collection.
Abstract Dr. Samuel Goodman was a graduate of the University of the City of New York, Medical Department (now Cornell Medical School) and was one of the first Jewish physicians to practice in Boston. This collection includes clippings, letters, and a photograph pertaining to the medical career of Dr. Goodman.
- Subject: Fliers (printed matter) X
- Alpha Omega (Fraternity) 1
- American Hospital Association 1
- Barron, Jennie L. (Jennie Loitman), 1891-1969 1
- Bet ha-sefarim ha-leʼumi ṿeha-universiṭaʼi bi-Yerushalayim 1
- Bigelow, Lynne T. 1
- Birnbaum, Jacob, 1922- 1
- Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association 1
- Bornstein, Abraham 1
- Bornstein, Rachel 1
- Boruchoff, Ber, 1872-1939 1
- Boston (Mass.). School Committee 1
- Boston Book and Art Shop 1
- Combined Jewish Philanthropies of Greater Boston 1
- Fertel, Stanley M. 1
- Goodman, Samuel 1
- Grade, Chaim, 1910-1982 1
- Hadassah, the Women’s Zionist Organization of America 1
- International Ice Patrol 1
- Jewish Institute of Religion 1
- Jewish Memorial Hospital and Rehabilitation Center (Roxbury, Mass.) 1
- Jewish National Fund 1
- Jewish National and University Library (Jerusalem) 1
- Kramer, George 1
- Kramer, Sadie 1
- Massachusetts Hospital Association 1
- Massachusetts. Department of Public Health 1
- Massachusetts. Municipal Court (Boston) 1
- Massachusetts. Superior Court 1
- Mount Scopus Lodge (Malden, Mass.) 1
- New England Health Care Employees Union 1
- New England Student Struggle for Soviet Jewry 1
- Schwarz, Donald E. 1
- Shubow, Leo 1
- Stone, Elihu David 1
- Temple B'nai B'rith (Somerville, Mass.) 1
- Temple Emanuel (Newton, Mass.) 1
- United Jewish Appeal 1
- Wise, Stephen S. (Stephen Samuel), 1874-1949 1
- YIVO Archives 1
- YIVO Institute for Jewish Research 1
- Yeshiva University 1
- Yidisher ṿisnshafṭlekher insṭiṭuṭ 1 ∧ less