Showing Collections: 1 - 8 of 8
Abstract This collection contains the professional and personal papers of Rabbi Avraham Hirsch Freedman, who throughout his career served as rabbi at Congregation Adath Jeshurun (Ottawa, Canada), Durban United Hebrew Congregation (Durban, South Africa), and Congregation Beth Israel (Bangor, Maine), as well as those of his wife, Hannah Schaiman Freedman. Included are sermons, lectures, correspondence, life cycle events, eulogies, and news clippings.
Abstract This collection documents the histories and genealogies of the Gaffen and Massirman families, as well as the Levinthal and Rottenberg families, to a lesser extent. The collection contains correspondence and family group records for each line, while a few family series also include photographs and vital records.
Abstract Joseph Glick and Annie Cooperstein emigrated from Russia in the early 1900s and married in Boston in 1898. They had eleven children, and upon Joseph’s death, their son James became administrator of Joseph’s estate. The material in the collection primarily documents James’s disposal of his father’s estate, while also including a family tree and copy of Joseph and Annie’s wedding invitation.
Identifier: P-646 and P-646A
Abstract Leo Levine was born Leizers Levins in Riga, Latvia, on September 30, 1907. He worked as a European war correspondent until the outbreak of World War II. After immigrating to Dorchester circa 1941, Levine wrote freelance newspaper columns about the war, including several that were published in St. John’s, Newfoundland’s The Telegram. Levine was also an artist. Leo Levine died in November 1980.The addendum contains materials about Leo Levine's wife, Sylvia...
Abstract The Levinson family has its origins in Eastern Europe, though the majority of its members immigrated to the United States in the early 1900s. Members of the family were active in Boston business, science, and law. The material in the collection includes publications, photographs, a scrapbook, a photo album, and awards.
Abstract The collection contains papers of the Scheinfeldt and Calish families with the bulk of the materials chronicling the achievements and nursing career of Jean Scheinfeldt, the daughter of Joseph Henry and Florence Calish Scheinfeldt. The materials in this collection include birth and death certificates, a marriage certificate, other certificates and awards, ephemera, photographs, and artifacts.
Abstract The Taylor-Tatelbaum Family resided in the Boston area. These papers include those of Barney and Jennie Tatelbaum, Harry and Fannie Cohen, and Alan Taylor (nee Abraham Tatelbaum.) The collection includes genealogical information, photographs, college papers, yearbooks, correspondence, plaques, naturalization certificates and vital records.
Abstract This collection contains a copy of the ethical will of William Abramowitz, first written in Jerusalem on August 3, 1963 and revised in Boston on October 15, 1970. The will highlights Abramowitz's faith and importance he places on Judaism and family. The three-page will ends with the names and dates of relatives that were added after the revision of the will in 1970.
- Subject: Jewish families X
- Abramowitz, William 1
- American Zion Commonwealth, Inc. 1
- Boston College. School of Nursing 1
- Boston University. School of Nursing 1
- Brandeis University 1
- Cohen, Fanny Epstein 1
- Cohen, Harry 1
- Curley, James Michael, 1874-1958 1
- Dukakis, Michael S. (Michael Stanley), 1933- 1
- Freedman, Avraham Hirsch 1
- Freedman, Hannah Schaiman 1
- Freemasons. Grand Lodge of Massachusetts 1
- Gaffen, Abraham 1
- Gaffen, David 1
- Gaffen, Dorothy 1
- Gaffen, Etta 1
- Gaffen, Leonard 1
- Gaffen, Sarah 1
- Glick, Anne Cooperstein 1
- Glick, James 1
- Glick, Joseph 1
- Hadassah, the Women’s Zionist Organization of America 1
- Jewish Colonial Trust 1
- Jewish Historical Society of the North Shore 1
- Johnson, Lady Bird, 1912-2007 1
- Kennedy, Joseph, 1858-1937 1
- Levine, Leo 1
- Levinson, James W., 1946- 1
- Levinson, Leon, 1919-1955 1
- Levinson, Mark L., 1948- 1
- Levinthal, Leiba 1
- Levinthal, Samuel 1
- Lodge, Henry Cabot, 1850-1924 1
- Massirman, Jenny 1
- Massirman, Louis 1
- Massirman, Samuel 1
- Massirman, Sarah 1
- Mirovitch, Alfred 1
- Rottenberg, Esther 1
- Rottenberg, Harry 1
- Scheinfeldt, Florence Calish, 1895-1968 1
- Scheinfeldt, Jean, 1924-2000 1
- Scheinfeldt, Joseph Henry, 1894-1965 1
- Scottish Rite (Masonic order) 1
- Sharon Memorial Park 1
- Tatelbaum, Abraham 1
- Tatelbaum, Barney (Barnett) 1
- Tatelbaum, Jennie Cohen 1
- Taylor, Alan, 1919- 1
- Taylor, Bertha Kaplan 1
- Temple Ohabei Shalom (Brookline, Mass.) 1
- Temple Shalom (Newton, Mass.) 1
- Wills, Jeremy 1
- Yad va-shem, rashut ha-zikaron la-Shoʼah vela-gevurah 1 ∧ less