Showing Collections: 1 - 6 of 6
Overview Congregation Tifereth Israel was an Orthodox synagogue established in Revere, Massachusetts in 1912 and which closed in 2015. The collection consists primarily of financial and business records related to the operation of the synagogue and cemeteries.
Abstract Jacob Beerman (1871-1926) immigrated to the United States in 1885 and married Rose Solomon in 1904. The couple had a daughter, Sadie. Jacob owned a stationary company in Boston. The collection contains a book titled The Nineteen Letters of Ben Uziel, inscribed to Beerman from Charles Fleischer, former rabbi of Temple Israel in Boston, and a scroll marking the 25th anniversary of the B’nai Zion Educational Society in 1916.
Abstract Robert Silverman was an early leader in American Zionism, taking part in and establishing multiple Zionist organizations in his more than forty years in the movement. This collection consists primarily of documents and photographs related to Silverman’s Zionist work. Documents include correspondence and printed materials from various organizations with which Silverman was involved and pamphlets, maps, and newspaper clippings related to Israel and Palestine. The photographs mainly depict scenes...
Abstract Born in 1888 in Odessa, Sara (Buminowitz) Wernon Sloan immigrated to the United States at the age of ten with her mother and siblings. She became a garment worker and wrote of her experiences working in New York City. This collection contains typed manuscripts of her memoirs written in the 1970s and also includes related correspondence, in which various readers of the memoirs describe their impressions.
Abstract At the time these photographs were taken in 1981 and 1985, Steven Kellerman was a machinist with an interest in synagogue history. This particular collection of photographs started with Kellerman’s visits to former synagogues in Dorchester and Roxbury, Massachusetts; the project expanded to include most of Massachusetts and other states.
Abstract Temple B’nai Israel is a synagogue, established in the Beachmont neighborhood of Revere, Massachusetts in 1906. The congregation’s associated cemetery is located on Fuller Street in Everett. The collection consists of minutes from meetings of the congregation, Board of Directors, and miscellaneous other groups and committees, along with correspondence related to the synagogue and the Temple Israel Burial Society.
- Subject: Revere (Mass.) X
- Alintuck, Martin K. 1
- American Federation of Labor 1
- American Zionist Council 1
- Beerman, Jacob 1
- Bnai Zion (Organization) 1
- B’nai Zion Educational Society 1
- Congregation Tifereth Israel (Revere, Mass.) 1
- Fleischer, Charles, 1871- 1
- Goldstein, Israel 1896- 1
- Gompers, Samuel, 1850-1924 1
- Hirsch, Samson Raphael, 1808-1888 1
- Israel Office of Information (New York, N.Y.) 1
- Jewish Agency-American Section 1
- Kellerman, Steven 1
- Keren Hayesod 1
- Lipsky, Louis, 1876-1963 1
- Sholem Aleichem, 1859-1916 1
- Silverman, Robert 1
- Sloan, Sara Wernon 1
- Stone, Elihu David 1
- Temple B'nai Israel (Revere, Mass.) 1
- Truman, Harry S., 1884-1972 1
- United Israel Appeal 1
- United Jewish Campaign (Boston, Mass.) 1
- United Palestine Appeal (U.S.) 1
- United States. Congress 1
- Weizmann, Chaim, 1874-1952 1
- Wise, Stephen S. (Stephen Samuel), 1874-1949 1
- Zionist Congress 1
- Zionist Organization of America 1 ∧ less