Showing Collections: 1 - 9 of 9
Abstract The American Physicians and Friends for Medicine in Israel (APF) is an organization of physicians and health care professionals whose aims are to advance the state of medical education, research and care in Israel and to advance relationships between the health care communities of North America and Israel. This collection contains materials relating to the organization’s activities and internal proceedings, including correspondence, scrapbooks, reports, meeting minutes, financial statements,...
Abstract The Chelsea-Revere School was established by Monas Berlin in 1896 and served the Chelsea, Massachusetts Jewish community until 1979. The collection contains the records of the institution and its activities including meeting minutes, financial records, correspondence, personnel manifests, memos, publications, photographs, memorial documents, and school function notices, as well as press materials in the form of newspaper clippings.
Abstract The Farband Labor Zionist Order was a Jewish fraternal organization founded in 1910 and chartered in New York in 1913. With branches across the United States and Canada, it functioned as a mutual aid society aligned with the Socialist and Zionist political party Poale Zion. The material in the collection includes correspondence, newspaper clippings, publications, press releases, photographs, meeting minutes, brochures, and memos.
Abstract The Interfor Club of the North Shore was originally founded in 1930 by David L Winer, a Boston University Law School graduate, as the Brandeis Associates. Initially having twenty-two members who just graduated high school, the Interfor Club, which stands for Inter Collegiate Forum Club, began meeting at the Young Men’s Hebrew Association in Lynn. The collection is comprised of revisions to constitutions, event programs, financial records, photographs, scholarship information, member lists, and...
Abstract The Jecomen Club was a fraternal organization established in 1925 and based in Lynn, Massachusetts. Men over the age of twenty-one with a college degree were eligible to apply for membership. The group hosted both social and philanthropic events, including an annual fundraising theatrical production for the Jecomen scholarship fund. The material in the collection describing the club’s operations includes meeting minutes, photographs, correspondence, newspaper clippings, and program books.
Overview The Max C. Rosenfeld Foundation is an organization that grants non-interest loans to young Jewish women in the Greater Boston Area who need financial help in receiving an education or vocation. This collection includes administrative records of the Foundation, including Board of Trustees meeting minutes and Max Rosenfeld's will, in which he detailed the purpose and establishment of the Foundation, as well as materials relating to the application process and recipients of loans. Many items are...
Abstract On January 1, 1900, a group of lawyers and doctors gathered at a meeting called by Jacob J. Silverman to discuss the advantages of living in Boston with its many surrounding institutions of higher learning, and how they could increase their cultural knowledge. They also wanted to learn from each other the basic principals of their various professions. The members of the club eventually consisted of lawyers, optometrists, physicians, scientists, and members of a variety of other professions as...
Abstract Philip D. Epstein was a trial attorney from 1941 to 1999 and a veteran of World War II. He was active in the Jewish community of Marblehead, Massachusetts and worked with a number of veterans support organizations, such as the National Jewish Welfare Board and Jewish War Veterans of the United States of America. He served two terms as Commander of JWV Post 656 Marblehead-Swampscott. The material in the collection includes correspondence, announcements, meeting minutes, membership rosters, and...
Abstract The Women’s Scholarship Association was founded in 1907 with the mission to “further higher education among women in general and among Jewish young women in particular by granting them scholarships and loans for study toward a degree at accredited schools and colleges.” It dissolved in 1993. This collection contains financial records, correspondence, event materials, a constitution, and by-laws. Restricted scholarship applications are also included.
- Subject: Scholarships X
- Combined Jewish Philanthropies of Greater Boston 2
- American Physicians and Friends for Medicine in Israel 1
- American Physicians’ Fellowship, Inc. for Medicine in Israel 1
- Ampal-American Israel Corporation 1
- Band, Maurice 1
- Berlin, Monas 1
- Brandeis University 1
- Brandeis, Louis Dembitz, 1856-1941 1
- Brown, Meyer 1
- Chelsea-Revere Hebrew School 1
- Dulles, John Foster, 1888-1959 1
- Epstein, Philip D., 1918-2004 1
- Farband Labor Zionist Order (U.S.) 1
- Farband Labor Zionist Order (U.S.). E-S Department 1
- Farband Labor Zionist Order. Boston Branch. 1
- Glazier, Manuel 1
- Goldfarb, Daniel C. 1
- Gottlieb, Leonard 1
- Hamarneh, Sami Khalaf, 1925- 1
- Histadrut ha-refuʼit be-Yiśraʼel. 1
- Histadrut ha-refuʾit be-Yiśraʾel. Mifʻal ḥaverut ḥuts 1
- Hyams, Ben 1
- Interfor Club (Lynn, Mass.) 1
- Israel Bloch, 1906- 1
- Israel Institute of the History of Medicine 1
- Jecomen Club (Lynn, Mass.) 1
- Jerusalem Academy of Medicine 1
- Jewish Family & Children's Service (Boston, Mass.) 1
- Jewish National Fund 1
- Jewish War Veterans of the United States, Inc. 1
- Kass, Edward H. (Edward Harold), 1917- 1
- Katzir, Ephraim, 1916-2009 1
- Katzman, Jacob, 1911- 1
- Kennedy, Edward M. (Edward Moore), 1932-2009 1
- Kennedy, John F. (John Fitzgerald), 1917-1963 1
- Kolb, Leon, 1890- 1
- Labor Zionist Alliance (U.S.) 1
- Levi, Alexander 1
- Madoff, Morton A. 1
- Max C. Rosenfeld Foundation 1
- McCormack, John W., 1891-1980 1
- National Jewish Welfare Board 1
- National Jewish Workers Alliance (U.S.) 1
- Netanyahu, ʻIdo 1
- Pearson, Drew, 1897-1969 1
- Poale Zion (U.S.) 1
- Rosenfeld, Isadore 1
- Rosenfeld, Max C., -1925 1
- Segal, Louis, 1895-1964 1
- Sherwood, Louis M. 1
- Silver, Abba Hillel, 1893-1963 1
- State of Israel Bonds Organization 1
- Thier, Samuel O., 1937- 1
- United Jewish Appeal 1
- Winer, David L. 1
- Women’s Scholarship Association of Greater Boston 1
- Young Men’s Hebrew Association (Lynn, Mass.) 1 ∧ less