Showing Collections: 1 - 7 of 7
Abstract The Altman and Spiewak Family Papers primarily document the Altman family of Boston through the lens of Barbara Altman Spiewak. Frank and Ethel Task Altman raised their children, Barbara and Stanley, in Roxbury, Massachusetts. Barbara was a graduate of Simmons College and was a librarian in the Boston area. This collection includes Frank Altman’s Navy records, baby books, yearbooks, family photographs and a memoir written by Barbara Altman Spiewak. It also includes a memoir written by Robert...
Overview Congregation Beth El-Atereth Israel is an Orthodox synagogue located in Newton, Massachusetts. The congregation was a joining of Congregation Beth El (also known as the Fowler Street Shul) in Dorchester and Congregation Atereth Israel in Roxbury. This collection contains banquet programs, yearbooks, and invitations.
Abstract Congregation Mishkan Tefila was founded in 1858 as Mishkan Israel, and is considered to be the oldest conservative synagogue in New England. Its founding members were East Prussian Jews who separated from Ohabei Shalom, which was predominately Polish at the time. In 1894, Mishkan Israel and another conservative synagogue, Shaarei Tefila, merged to form Congregation Mishkan Tefila. The synagogue moved its religious school to Walnut Street in Newton in 1955, and began planning for a new building...
Abstract The Kehillath Israel Synagogue Collection includes numerous photographs, publications and event information pertaining to services, fundraisers and anniversaries at the Synagogue from its first official year in 1924 to more recently, 2001. The primary bulk of the papers consist of photographs, K.I. Brotherhood papers and ephemera, and activities supported by the Synagogue. Kehillath Israel was home to noteworthy Rabbis, including Louis M. Epstein, Judah Nadich, and Manual Saltzman....
Overview The Jewish Center of New Haven was first founded as a branch of the Young Men's Hebrew Association in 1913. It would later join with the Young Women's Hebrew Association and would remain the Young Men's and Young Women's Hebrew Association until 1938, when it merged with the Hebrew Institute to form the Jewish Center of New Haven. The Center provided vocational guidance, exercise programs, a day camp, and educational activities for the Jewish community of New Haven.
Abstract The Taylor-Tatelbaum Family resided in the Boston area. These papers include those of Barney and Jennie Tatelbaum, Harry and Fannie Cohen, and Alan Taylor (nee Abraham Tatelbaum.) The collection includes genealogical information, photographs, college papers, yearbooks, correspondence, plaques, naturalization certificates and vital records.
Abstract Temple Israel was founded as Congregation Adath Israel in 1854 when a group of German Jews broke from Congregation Ohabei Shalom. The congregation was also known as the Pleasant Street Synagogue. In 1859, the congregation purchased cemetery land in Wakefield, Massachusetts. The synagogue was, and remains, a Reform congregation, and has been home to well known Rabbis, including Joshua Loth Liebman and Roland B. Gittelsohn. This collection contains flyers, newsletters, pamphlets, sermons and a...
- Subject: Yearbooks X
- Altman, Ethel Task 1
- Braslavsky, Solomon G., 1887-1975 1
- Cohen, Fanny Epstein 1
- Cohen, Harry 1
- Congregation Adath Israel (Boston, Mass.) 1
- Congregation Atereth Israel (Boston, Mass.) 1
- Congregation Beth El (Dorchester, Boston, Mass.) 1
- Congregation Beth El-Atereth Israel (Newton, Mass.) 1
- Congregation Mishkan Tefila (Chestnut Hill, Mass.) 1
- Congregation Mishkan Tefila (Chestnut Hill, Mass.). Board of Trustees 1
- Curley, James Michael, 1874-1958 1
- Dukakis, Michael S. (Michael Stanley), 1933- 1
- Epstein, Louis M., 1887-1949 1
- Freemasons. Grand Lodge of Massachusetts 1
- Girls’ Latin School (Boston, Mass.) 1
- Gittelsohn, Roland Bertram, 1910-1995 1
- Johnson, Lady Bird, 1912-2007 1
- Kennedy, Joseph, 1858-1937 1
- Koolyk, Abraham 1
- Liebman, Joshua Loth, 1907-1948 1
- Lodge, Henry Cabot, 1850-1924 1
- Nadich, Judah, 1912-2007 1
- New Haven Jewish Community Center 1
- Rubenovitz, Herman H. 1
- Rubenovitz, Mignon L. (Mignon Levine) 1
- Saltzman, Manual 1
- Scottish Rite (Masonic order) 1
- Simmons College (Boston, Mass.) 1
- Spiewak, Barbara Altman 1
- Spiewak, Murray, 1906-1985 1
- Spiewak, Philip, 1871- 1
- Spiewak, Robert, 1896- 1
- Task-Altman, Ethel, 1898-1982 1
- Tatelbaum, Abraham 1
- Tatelbaum, Barney (Barnett) 1
- Tatelbaum, Jennie Cohen 1
- Taylor, Alan, 1919- 1
- Taylor, Bertha Kaplan 1
- Temple Israel (Boston, Mass) 1
- Temple Ohabei Shalom (Brookline, Mass.) 1
- Wills, Jeremy 1 ∧ less