Cemeteries -- Massachusetts -- Boston
Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
Found in 3 Collections and/or Records:
Abstract The Anshey Dowig Association began in the last quarter of the 19th century, initially as informal meetings for Jews from the region of Dowig, Lithuania, living in the Boston area. The association functioned as a benefit society for its members and in 1898, with the acquisition of burial plots in a cemetery in West Roxbury, it also established itself as a chevra kadisha or burial society. By the 1980s, as membership dropped, it began working towards reviving the...
Abstract The Boston Meretz Relief Association (Boston MRA) was founded by the Jewish immigrants of the town of Meretz, Lithuania, Russia. Officially incorporated in 1893, the Boston MRA was an association that celebrated their Meretz identity and heritage, as well as a humanitarian association dedicated to assist all Meretzers in need, whether in Boston or in Israel. This collection contains constitutions, meeting minutes, financial reports, correspondence, photographs (including photos of the...
Dates: undated, 1893-2003
Abstract The Ostro Hebrew Marshoe Society was the overseer of the Ostro Hebrew Marshoe Cemetery, located on Baker Street in West Roxbury, Massachusetts. In 1984, it merged with the Jewish Cemetery Association of Massachusetts, which is now responsible for the care of the cemetery. This series contains by-laws of the Society and its Cemetery Association.