Found in 5 Collections and/or Records:
Rabbi Ber Boruchoff was the first and longest serving rabbi for Congregation Beth Israel in Malden, Massachusetts. This collection contains ledgers with records of marriages performed in the Greater Boston area during the years 1906-1938, as well as some photographs and biographical information.
The Jecomen Club was a fraternal organization established in 1925 and based in Lynn, Massachusetts. Men over the age of twenty-one with a college degree were eligible to apply for membership. The group hosted both social and philanthropic events, including an annual fundraising theatrical production for the Jecomen scholarship fund. The material in the collection describing the club’s operations includes meeting minutes, photographs, correspondence, newspaper clippings, and program books.
Temple Emanuel was founded in 1920 in Lawrence, Massachusetts. It began by serving a small immigrant Jewish community that has since grown to an affluent and lively congregation of about 600 families. This growth occurred largely under the tenure of Rabbi Harry A. Roth, who lead the congregation from 1962 until 1990 and oversaw the temple’s move to Andover, Massachusetts. This collection includes correspondence, photographs, and sermons.
Temple Shalom is an Egalitarian Conservative Synagogue in Salem, Massachusetts, formerly called the Sons of Jacob. The congregation was formed by European Jewish immigrants in the Salem area in 1898. This collection includes photographs of congregation members and activities, newspaper clippings, pamphlets, meeting minutes, and various publications.