Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
Found in 3 Collections and/or Records:
Abstract This collection includes constitution, minutes of the Board of Trustees (1934-1948, 1953-1958), budgets (1942-1948, 1951-1953, 1955-1958), financial reports, material on membership, and numerous activities. Among the latter is extensive material on camping, clubs, and the nursery school. Contains material on the history of Hecht House, surveys, publications, and other material issued, photographs, and memorabilia. Includes similar material of the YMHA for the years 1933-1958, and for the merged...
Dates: undated, 1896-1971
Abstract Congregation Beth Israel began in 1888 when a group of young men spilt from Shomre Beth Abraham to form their own congregation. A year later they relocated to an old Baptist Church located on Baldwin Place in Boston's North End. The Baldwin Place synagogue housed a sanctuary on the ground floor as well as schools and meeting rooms in the space above. It was the largest shul in the North End and was considered the center of Boston Orthodoxy. Rabbi Moshe Zevulun Margolies presided over it and was...
Dates: 1887, 1890
Overview The Hebrew Teachers Association of Greater Boston was founded in 1909. Its primary purpose was to unite qualified Jewish educators and to provide for their material and spiritual status. The Association first developed a curriculum based on the Bible, the Hebrew language and Jewish history in 1918. It was revised by a committee including the greater Boston Hebrew school principals, the Bureau of Jewish Education and prominent rabbis in 1922. The Association was also involved with Jewish...
Dates: undated, 1934-1956