Found in 7 Collections and/or Records:
Abstract This collection includes constitution, minutes of the Board of Trustees (1934-1948, 1953-1958), budgets (1942-1948, 1951-1953, 1955-1958), financial reports, material on membership, and numerous activities. Among the latter is extensive material on camping, clubs, and the nursery school. Contains material on the history of Hecht House, surveys, publications, and other material issued, photographs, and memorabilia. Includes similar material of the YMHA for the years 1933-1958, and for the merged...
Dates: undated, 1896-1971
Abstract Organized in April, 1924, the records of Boy Scout Troop 4 (Sachems) of Lynn, Massachusetts span from 1924 to 1945. During World War II, the scouts participated in an Emergency Service Corps, and were invited to participate in the Boy Scout - General Eisenhower Waste Paper Campaign. The material in this collection includes weekly meeting programs and reports, newspaper clippings, scout assignments and certificates, correspondence, financial records, a photograph, and the American flag used by...
Dates: undated, 1924-1945
Abstract The Louisa May Alcott Club was established in November of 1895 at 9 Rochester Street in Boston, Massachusetts. It operated as a self-governing club with 11-17 year old girls. A constitution was set in place that ensured the girls would each pay five cents a week towards the club, but only while they were working. The participating girls were all immigrants or children of immigrants, and classes were held at the building to teach the girls English, cooking and sewing. In 1896/1897 the club moved...
Dates: 1896 or 1897
Abstract The Lynn Hebrew Young Men’s Aid Association was founded in 1903 by a group of Lynn men who wanted to assist new Jewish immigrants. In the 1940s, Lynn was no longer a community of immigrants, and the focus of the organization began to change. Now members utilized the club for various medical and insurance benefits, as well as for socializing. By January 1970 the Jewish community in Lynn had dwindled and the organization voted to dissolve the organization. This collection includes financial and...
Dates: undated, 1936-1971
Abstract The West End House is a Boys and Girls Club that was established in 1906 by a group of thirty-five boys who were the children of Eastern European Jewish immigrants. Their aim was to provide a place where they could meet and work to improve their lives through mental, physical, and moral advancement. The club began in 1903, but was officially established in 1906 following aid received from the Jewish Federation, as well as James and Helen Storrow. From the 1940s-1971 the West End House under...
Dates: 1909, 1981
Abstract This collection contains newsletters, flyers for reunions, and membership forms documenting the activities of the YMHA Alumni Association from 1977 until 1995.
Dates: undated, 1977-1995
Abstract Little history is known about the Young Women's Hebrew Association in Everett, Massachusetts. The first YWHA was organized in New York City in 1902 and soon grew nationally, with branches in several states. The YWHA of New England, which the Everett chapter was most likely a part of, was organized in 1913. It is unknown when the Everett chapter was started or dissolved. This collection contains a fragile ledger with membership names and dues paid; receipts from Filenes, Jordan Marsh, and other...
Dates: undated, 1919-1926