JHC19. Jewish Community Centers
Found in 7 Collections and/or Records:
Abstract This collection contains program brochures, meeting minutes and agendas, and issues of the Senior Adult Bulletin, published by the Center's Senior Adult Department, from the Brookline-Brighton-Newton Jewish Community Center.
Dates: undated, 1970-1981
Abstract The Jewish Community Center of Fitchburg, Massachusetts was founded in 1947. Not much else is known about the Center. This collection contains Bulletins from the founding of the Center to 1964.
Abstract The Jewish Community Center of the North Shore was established in 1911 as the Lynn Young Men’s Hebrew Association (YMHA). In 1943, the YMHA was renamed the Lynn Jewish Community Center, and in 1972, the organization moved to their current location in Marblehead, Massachusetts, at which time they changed their name to reflect their dedication to the entire North Shore community. The collection mostly consists of group and event photographs and various publications produced by the Center,...
Dates: undated, 1922-2004
Overview This collection contains meeting minutes, correspondence, photographs, slides, playbills, and promotional materials documenting Leventhal-Sidman Jewish Community Center Cultural Art's Department, including materials on the Starr Gallery, the Jewish Theatre of New England, Creative Judaica and the Magic Arts Children's Series.
Dates: undated, 1983-2015
Overview The Jewish Center of New Haven was first founded as a branch of the Young Men's Hebrew Association in 1913. It would later join with the Young Women's Hebrew Association and would remain the Young Men's and Young Women's Hebrew Association until 1938, when it merged with the Hebrew Institute to form the Jewish Center of New Haven. The Center provided vocational guidance, exercise programs, a day camp, and educational activities for the Jewish community of New Haven.
Dates: undated, 1930-1968
Abstract This collection contains issues of The Center Review, the biweekly newsletter published by the Quincy Jewish Community Center. The newsletters in this collection, which ran from January to June 1945, report on the opening of the new community center, club activities, and programming.
Abstract The Upper Valley Jewish Community (UVJC) is an egalitarian congregation on the campus of Dartmouth College. The congregation hosts a Hebrew School and publishes the newsletter, "The Jewish Connection." This collection consists of several issues of the publication, "The Jewish Connection," as well as other miscellaneous invitations and programs for a variety of events.
Dates: undated, 1984-1996