Showing Collections: 1 - 8 of 8
Abstract This collection relates primarily to the political and social activities of Edward J. Bromberg (a lawyer and politician) and some members of his family. A scrapbook contains items regarding Edward’s sons, Justine and Bertram, and his daughter, Pauline. Other Bromberg family members in the collection are Lev, Henrietta Livingston, Anna Insoft, and Alice Goldstein. The collection includes clippings, programs, and photographs.
Abstract Contains material pertaining to the establishment of the organization, including a list of incorporators, and lists of constituent members, minutes of meetings (November 1970-February 1972), a speech giving a review of the group's activities (1972), and financial records (July 1970-March 1972). Also contains general correspondence (March 1970-March 1972), correspondence with Combined Jewish Philanthropies of Greater Boston (1970-1971), and information on the group's Chavurat Shabbat project...
Overview This collection contains items relating to the Roskin, Borofsky, and Grosbayne families, with special focus on the musical contributions of Evelyn B. (née Borofsky) and Janot S. Roskin, which make up the bulk of the collection. A smaller portion of the collection comes from the Borofsky and Grosbayne families, including Jacob and Ida Borofsky, Evelyn's sister, Edith Borofsky and her husband, Mitchell Grosbayne and his brother, Benjamin. The collection includes publicity photographs, clippings,...
Abstract Contains the papers of the Society founded in 1938 by recent German speaking Jewish immigrants to Boston to assist their initial adjustment to the economic, cultural, spiritual, and social life of the American community and subsequently, to provide mutual assistance to its membership and aid to other immigrants.The collection consists of the Society's by-laws (1953, 1956, 1964); handwritten notes with the names of Officers and Directors (1949-1961), plans for cultural and social...
Abstract The Interfor Club of the North Shore was originally founded in 1930 by David L Winer, a Boston University Law School graduate, as the Brandeis Associates. Initially having twenty-two members who just graduated high school, the Interfor Club, which stands for Inter Collegiate Forum Club, began meeting at the Young Men’s Hebrew Association in Lynn. The collection is comprised of revisions to constitutions, event programs, financial records, photographs, scholarship information, member lists, and...
Abstract The records provide material relating to the accreditation, fundraising, management, planning, policies, programs, and public relations of a hospital that continues to serve the Greater Boston area. The records includes correspondence of various Presidents, Board Members, and Executive Directors; Board and committee minutes; scrapbooks, photographs, videotape, and film created by the Public Relations department; records of various Auxiliary groups; correspondence, reports, surveys, and other...
Abstract Philip D. Epstein was a trial attorney from 1941 to 1999 and a veteran of World War II. He was active in the Jewish community of Marblehead, Massachusetts and worked with a number of veterans support organizations, such as the National Jewish Welfare Board and Jewish War Veterans of the United States of America. He served two terms as Commander of JWV Post 656 Marblehead-Swampscott. The material in the collection includes correspondence, announcements, meeting minutes, membership rosters, and...
Abstract Consists of an audited report of the finances of the association, from the time of its establishment until February 18, 1929. One of the schedules notes the members of the association with their addresses; material pertaining to a kosher meat controversy including a circular from Rabbi M. Klachko and correspondence regarding the controversy, a summary of the event and identity of the various participants and a humorous invitation to a meeting of the Association and one photograph.
- Subject: Announcements X
- Combined Jewish Philanthropies of Greater Boston 2
- American Hospital Association 1
- Beth Israel Hospital (Boston, Mass.) 1
- Bigelow, Lynne T. 1
- Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association 1
- Borofsky, Ida S., 1883-1982 1
- Borofsky, Jacob, 1880-1965 1
- Boston Public Schools 1
- Brandeis, Louis Dembitz, 1856-1941 1
- Bromberg Family 1
- Bromberg, Alice Goldstein 1
- Bromberg, Anna Insoft 1
- Bromberg, Bertram F. 1
- Bromberg, Edward J. 1
- Bromberg, Henrietta Livingston 1
- Bromberg, Justin L. 1
- Bromberg, Levi 1
- Bromberg, Pauline 1
- Concerned Jewish Students of Greater Boston 1
- Congregation Adath Israel (Boston, Mass.) 1
- Congregation Beth-El Zedeck (Indianapolis, Ind.) 1
- Congregation Mishkan Tefila (Chestnut Hill, Mass.) 1
- Epstein, Philip D., 1918-2004 1
- Fertel, Stanley M. 1
- Grosbayne, Benjamin, 1893-1976 1
- Grosbayne, Mitchell 1
- Hadassah, the Women’s Zionist Organization of America 1
- Immigrants Mutual Aid Society, Inc. 1
- Interfor Club (Lynn, Mass.) 1
- Jewish Memorial Hospital and Rehabilitation Center (Roxbury, Mass.) 1
- Jewish War Veterans of the United States, Inc. 1
- Massachusetts Hospital Association 1
- Massachusetts. Department of Public Health 1
- Massachusetts. General Court 1
- National Jewish Welfare Board 1
- New England Health Care Employees Union 1
- Roskin, Evelyn Borofsky, 1903-1967 1
- Roskin, Janot S. 1
- Schwarz, Donald E. 1
- Temple Emanuel (Newton, Mass.) 1
- United Kosher Butchers Association 1
- Winer, David L. 1
- Young Men’s Hebrew Association (Lynn, Mass.) 1 ∧ less