Synagogue dedication services
Found in 3 Collections and/or Records:
Congregation B’nai Moshe is a congregation located in Brighton, Boston, Massachusetts, formed in 1933. The congregation grew quickly and underwent several construction projects during its first two decades, moving from Chestnut Hill Avenue to Commonwealth Avenue, both in Brighton. This collection contains a souvenir booklet and dedication booklets produced by the congregation.
Temple Shalom is an Egalitarian Conservative Synagogue in Salem, Massachusetts, formerly called the Sons of Jacob. The congregation was formed by European Jewish immigrants in the Salem area in 1898. This collection includes photographs of congregation members and activities, newspaper clippings, pamphlets, meeting minutes, and various publications.
This collection contains photographs and architectural drawings depicting 14 of the aron kodesh, or holy arks, created by early 20th century Russian woodworker Sam Katz. Also included are dedication programs, 3 snapshot portraits of Katz, and newspaper clippings relating to several congregations which feature Katz's holy arks.