Jewish religious schools
Found in 4 Collections and/or Records:
Temple Beth El was founded in Lynn in 1924. In 1946, members of the congregation split off to form Temple Israel, and in 1968, Temple Beth El expanded from its Lynn location to Swampscott. The two temples reunited in 2005 to become Congregation Shirat Hiyam. This collection contains documents related to many areas of synagogue life, including general membership, the music program, the Religious School, temple governance, and the Sisterhood.
Temple Shalom is an Egalitarian Conservative Synagogue in Salem, Massachusetts, formerly called the Sons of Jacob. The congregation was formed by European Jewish immigrants in the Salem area in 1898. This collection includes photographs of congregation members and activities, newspaper clippings, pamphlets, meeting minutes, and various publications.
Founded in 1937 by Rabbi Dr. Joseph B. Soloveitchik (the Rav), Maimonides School is a co-educational modern Orthodox Jewish Day School located in Brookline, Massachusetts. This collection is comprised of informational donor mailers, invitations and event programs, school newsletters, yearbooks, and school publications related to the founding, growth, and community of Maimonides School.