Minutes (administrative records)
Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
Found in 59 Collections and/or Records:
Abstract The American Physicians and Friends for Medicine in Israel (APF) is an organization of physicians and health care professionals whose aims are to advance the state of medical education, research and care in Israel and to advance relationships between the health care communities of North America and Israel. This collection contains materials relating to the organization’s activities and internal proceedings, including correspondence, scrapbooks, reports, meeting minutes, financial statements,...
Dates: undated, 1920-2014
Abstract The American Technion Society was founded in 1940 as an organization to aid the Technion-Israel Institute of Technology, with the goal to aid the technological and scientific advancement of Israel. The Women’s Division, which was founded in 1956, did so by focusing its efforts on three main national programs: faculty recruitment, medical engineering, and student aid. Beginning in the 1970s, special interest was given to the Medical Engineering Project in the Medical School, a cause of...
Dates: undated, 1975-1991
Abstract Arthur S. Obermayer was a scientist, entrepreneur, and philanthropist born in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. He established his own research and development company, Moleculon Research Company, in the Boston area and was involved in numerous philanthropic and professional organizations, especially through his foundation, the Obermayer Foundation. Obermayer was also a political activist, and played a key role in establishing the Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) Program. This collection...
Dates: undated, 1897-2016
Abstract This collection contains correspondence from Bernard Weinronk of Port Elizabeth, South Africa, to his cousin Bernard Weinberg of Boston, Massachusetts. Also included are meeting minutes describing the goals, resolutions, and activities of Zionist groups in which Weinronk was active.
Abstract Beth Hamidrash Hagodol (known colloquially as the Crawford Street Shul), was founded in 1913 in a small house on Harold Street in Roxbury, Boston, Massachusetts. In 1915, the cornerstone of the synagogue was placed at 105 Crawford Street in the Elm Hill District of Roxbury. The congregation elected Louis M. Epstein as their first Rabbi in 1918. This collection contains the business, activity and social records of Beth Hamidrash Hagodol, including correspondence, financial records, ledgers,...
Dates: undated, 1922-1924, 1933-1973
Abstract Created to provide mutual aid and education, The Workmen's Circle was established in New York in 1900 and officially chartered in 1905. Massachusetts established an Independent Workmen's Circle in 1903 to maneuver around prohibitive insurance laws, but was able to unify with the national organization in 1921. Several chapters were operational in Massachusetts by 1911. The Boston District often mirrored National's development, including the establishment of cemeteries, a chorus, a camp, and I.L....
Dates: undated, 1927-1999
Abstract This collection includes constitution, minutes of the Board of Trustees (1934-1948, 1953-1958), budgets (1942-1948, 1951-1953, 1955-1958), financial reports, material on membership, and numerous activities. Among the latter is extensive material on camping, clubs, and the nursery school. Contains material on the history of Hecht House, surveys, publications, and other material issued, photographs, and memorabilia. Includes similar material of the YMHA for the years 1933-1958, and for the merged...
Dates: undated, 1896-1971
Abstract This collection contains program brochures, meeting minutes and agendas, and issues of the Senior Adult Bulletin, published by the Center's Senior Adult Department, from the Brookline-Brighton-Newton Jewish Community Center.
Dates: undated, 1970-1981
Abstract The Cambridge Hebrew Ladies Educational Society was first formed in 1898 for the purpose of teaching the Hebrew language to Jewish children. The society was renamed the Cambridge Hebrew Women's Aid Society in 1914, and reorganized to include a broad range of philanthropic causes, including the care of tubercular patients and provision of Passover food to the needy. The collection contains bound ledgers of meeting minutes from 1914-1969.
Abstract The Chelsea-Revere School was established by Monas Berlin in 1896 and served the Chelsea, Massachusetts Jewish community until 1979. The collection contains the records of the institution and its activities including meeting minutes, financial records, correspondence, personnel manifests, memos, publications, photographs, memorial documents, and school function notices, as well as press materials in the form of newspaper clippings.
Dates: undated, 1939-1981