Jewish community centers
Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
Found in 13 Collections and/or Records:
Abstract This collection contains program brochures, meeting minutes and agendas, and issues of the Senior Adult Bulletin, published by the Center's Senior Adult Department, from the Brookline-Brighton-Newton Jewish Community Center.
Dates: undated, 1970-1981
Abstract The Chelsea-Revere School was established by Monas Berlin in 1896 and served the Chelsea, Massachusetts Jewish community until 1979. The collection contains the records of the institution and its activities including meeting minutes, financial records, correspondence, personnel manifests, memos, publications, photographs, memorial documents, and school function notices, as well as press materials in the form of newspaper clippings.
Dates: undated, 1939-1981
Abstract Congregation Tifereth Israel was founded in Everett in 1910 and dedicated their first synagogue in 1912. After working in close partnership for nearly 30 years, Congregation Tifereth Israel merged with Everett Hebrew School and Community School to become Congregation Tifereth Israel and Community Center in 1955. In 2016, Congregation Tifereth Israel and Community Center merged with the North Shore Chabad Lubavitch. This collection contains meeting minutes, news clippings, photographs,...
Dates: undated, 1928-2015
Abstract The Farband Labor Zionist Order was a Jewish fraternal organization founded in 1910 and chartered in New York in 1913. With branches across the United States and Canada, it functioned as a mutual aid society aligned with the Socialist and Zionist political party Poale Zion. The material in the collection includes correspondence, newspaper clippings, publications, press releases, photographs, meeting minutes, brochures, and memos.
Dates: undated, 1941-1984
Abstract The Jewish Community Center of Fitchburg, Massachusetts was founded in 1947. Not much else is known about the Center. This collection contains Bulletins from the founding of the Center to 1964.
Abstract The Jewish Community Center of the North Shore was established in 1911 as the Lynn Young Men’s Hebrew Association (YMHA). In 1943, the YMHA was renamed the Lynn Jewish Community Center, and in 1972, the organization moved to their current location in Marblehead, Massachusetts, at which time they changed their name to reflect their dedication to the entire North Shore community. The collection mostly consists of group and event photographs and various publications produced by the Center,...
Dates: undated, 1922-2004
Abstract The Jewish Federation of the North Shore was founded in 1938 in Lynn, Massachusetts with the objective to support organizations that helped enrich the Jewish community on the North Shore and abroad. After a period of declining donations and to consolidate services, the JFNS Board of Directors voted to merge the organization with the Combined Jewish Philanthropies in 2013. The collection contains correspondence, newspaper clippings and publications from JFNS, as well as a large group of...
Dates: undated, circa 1926-2007
Overview This collection contains meeting minutes, correspondence, photographs, slides, playbills, and promotional materials documenting Leventhal-Sidman Jewish Community Center Cultural Art's Department, including materials on the Starr Gallery, the Jewish Theatre of New England, Creative Judaica and the Magic Arts Children's Series.
Dates: undated, 1983-2015
Overview The Jewish Center of New Haven was first founded as a branch of the Young Men's Hebrew Association in 1913. It would later join with the Young Women's Hebrew Association and would remain the Young Men's and Young Women's Hebrew Association until 1938, when it merged with the Hebrew Institute to form the Jewish Center of New Haven. The Center provided vocational guidance, exercise programs, a day camp, and educational activities for the Jewish community of New Haven.
Dates: undated, 1930-1968
Abstract This collection contains issues of The Center Review, the biweekly newsletter published by the Quincy Jewish Community Center. The newsletters in this collection, which ran from January to June 1945, report on the opening of the new community center, club activities, and programming.