Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Abstract B’nai B’rith Women (now known as Jewish Women International) is an international women’s group that promotes advocacy for women and the Jewish community through education, advocacy, and social services. The Greater Lynn Chapter No. 367 began in 1942 as a women’s auxiliary of B’nai B’rith Greater Lynn Lodge. This collection contains an annual report, journals, awards, correspondence, news articles, photographs, and scrapbook.
Overview This collection contains meeting minutes, transcripts, and semi-annual reports documenting the activities and administration of the George Peabody Lodge, No. 667 branch of the Independent Order of B'rith Abraham (IOBA). This collection also contains semi-annual reports to the U.S. Grand Lodge of the IOBA for 1927 and 1929. The collection was established by the Jewish Heritage Center of the North Shore, previously known as the North Jewish Historical Society, through many separate donations of...
Abstract The Jewish Vocational Aid Society of Boston, founded by Mrs. Margaret Davidson and incorporated under the laws of Massachusetts in 1907 as the Jewish Children's Aid Society; original purpose was in aiding destitute Jewish children. In 1936 became known as the Jewish Vocational Aid Society; members focused efforts on raising funds for needy Jewish students. Later, eligibility for scholarships was expanded to include non-Jewish students as well. In 1973 was forced to transfer most of its funds to...
Abstract Temple Emanuel Congregation was founded in Newton, Massachusetts in 1935. It is part of United Synagogue of Conservative Judaism (USCJ), and has over 1,100 families in its congregation. Morris Finkelstein became president of the Congregation in 1972 and served until 1975. Main material types include correspondence, governance, membership lists and speeches.
- Subject: Annual reports X
- B'nai B'rith 1
- B’nai B’rith Women 1
- Combined Jewish Philanthropies of Greater Boston 1
- Davidson, Margaret, d. 1912. 1
- Finkelstein, Morris 1
- Independent Order Brith Abraham of the United States of America 1
- Independent Order of B’rith Abraham, George Peabody Lodge No. 667 (Peabody, Mass.) 1
- Jewish Children's Aid Society (Boston, Mass.) 1
- Jewish Vocational Aid Society (Boston, Mass.) 1
- Jewish Women International (Organization) 1
- Peabody, George, 1795-1869 1
- Temple Emanuel (Newton, Mass.) 1
- United Synagogue of Conservative Judaism 1 ∧ less