Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
Found in 11 Collections and/or Records:
Abstract Chevra Kadusha of Boston is an independent, non-denominational organization of individuals, synagogues, universities and other Jewish institutions committed to making the full range of burial rituals accessible and available to the entire Jewish community. It was organized and instituted in 1856. The collection contains two versions of the constitution of Chevra Kedusha as well as the board minutes (1892-1904, 1911-1974), financial records (1933-1968), and a ledger recording payments of...
Dates: undated, 1856-1981
Abstract Congregation Anshai Sfard (Anshei, Anshe, Anshi) was a Hasidic, conservative Jewish Synagogue established by Jewish immigrants in Lynn, Massachusetts from 1888 to December 1999. This collection contains a letterpress printing block used to print the incorporation papers, a large "Golden Book of Congregation Anshei Sfard," which includes an illuminated manuscript with hand-painted and gold-leafed elements, a donor list, newspaper clippings, and photographs; meeting minutes, several family...
Dates: undated, 1899-2001
Abstract The Farband Labor Zionist Order was a Jewish fraternal organization founded in 1910 and chartered in New York in 1913. With branches across the United States and Canada, it functioned as a mutual aid society aligned with the Socialist and Zionist political party Poale Zion. The material in the collection includes correspondence, newspaper clippings, publications, press releases, photographs, meeting minutes, brochures, and memos.
Dates: undated, 1941-1984
Overview This collection contains meeting minutes, transcripts, and semi-annual reports documenting the activities and administration of the George Peabody Lodge, No. 667 branch of the Independent Order of B'rith Abraham (IOBA). This collection also contains semi-annual reports to the U.S. Grand Lodge of the IOBA for 1927 and 1929. The collection was established by the Jewish Heritage Center of the North Shore, previously known as the North Jewish Historical Society, through many separate donations of...
Dates: undated, 1913-1932
Abstract The Interfor Club of the North Shore was originally founded in 1930 by David L Winer, a Boston University Law School graduate, as the Brandeis Associates. Initially having twenty-two members who just graduated high school, the Interfor Club, which stands for Inter Collegiate Forum Club, began meeting at the Young Men’s Hebrew Association in Lynn. The collection is comprised of revisions to constitutions, event programs, financial records, photographs, scholarship information, member lists, and...
Dates: undated, 1932-2000
Abstract The Jecomen Club was a fraternal organization established in 1925 and based in Lynn, Massachusetts. Men over the age of twenty-one with a college degree were eligible to apply for membership. The group hosted both social and philanthropic events, including an annual fundraising theatrical production for the Jecomen scholarship fund. The material in the collection describing the club’s operations includes meeting minutes, photographs, correspondence, newspaper clippings, and program books.
Dates: undated, 1925-1945
Abstract This collection contains the papers of the Kallin family, with the bulk of the materials chronicling Ralph (Tkach) Kallin’s involvement with Piaterer Feirhein and the Sons of Israel organizations. The materials in this collection include correspondence, photos, newspaper clippings, ephemera, meeting minutes, and flyers.
Dates: undated, 1922-1946
Abstract The Labor Lyceum Association of Brockton was established in the mid-1920s as the governing body of the Labor Lyceum building in Brockton, Massachusetts. Labor lyceums were often centers for Yiddish culture and socialist values where members could gather for socializing, and they also acted as headquarters for labor unions and other political and social groups. The collection consists of two books containing minutes from the weekly meetings of the association’s Board of Directors, along with a...
Dates: undated, circa 1927-1983
Abstract The Levinson family has its origins in Eastern Europe, though the majority of its members immigrated to the United States in the early 1900s. Members of the family were active in Boston business, science, and law. The material in the collection includes publications, photographs, a scrapbook, a photo album, and awards.
Dates: undated, circa 1900-1969
Abstract The Boston Meretz Relief Association (Boston MRA) was founded by the Jewish immigrants of the town of Meretz, Lithuania, Russia. Officially incorporated in 1893, the Boston MRA was an association that celebrated their Meretz identity and heritage, as well as a humanitarian association dedicated to assist all Meretzers in need, whether in Boston or in Israel. This collection contains constitutions, meeting minutes, financial reports, correspondence, photographs (including photos of the...
Dates: undated, 1893-2003