Found in 16 Collections and/or Records:
Professor Arthur Green is a Reconstructionist rabbi, author, and teacher. He is the former president of the Reconstructionist Rabbinical College (RRC) and currently is dean of the Hebrew College Rabbinical School. The collection contains personal and professional correspondence, articles, and manuscripts. Some student work and correspondence is included but is currently restricted.
The B’nai B’rith Peabody Lodge No. 2765 was founded in 1969 as a local chapter of the larger B’nai B’rith International, which advocates for the Jewish people and works to combat anti-Semitism. The Peabody Lodge engaged in a variety of service and charitable activities in the Peabody area. This collection contains awards, correspondence, photographs, a scrapbook, and other miscellaneous materials.
B’nai B’rith Women (now known as Jewish Women International) is an international women’s group that promotes advocacy for women and the Jewish community through education, advocacy, and social services. The Greater Lynn Chapter No. 367 began in 1942 as a women’s auxiliary of B’nai B’rith Greater Lynn Lodge. This collection contains an annual report, journals, awards, correspondence, news articles, photographs, and scrapbook.
Incorporated in 1901, Congregation Ahabat Sholom constructed a German Romanesque synagogue on Church Street, which was dedicated in 1905 during a ceremony lead by the congregation's first cantor, Benjamin Gordon. The congregation was one of Lynn’s several Jewish Orthodox congregations in the early 1900s. This collection contains administrative records, photographs, scrapbooks, and programmatic materials.
The Jewish Family Service of the North Shore was founded by a group of Jewish women in the winter of 1897. This collection contains brochures of the Jewish Family Service 100th Anniversary Gatsby Gala in 1997, “Our Community Heroes” - Annual Community Service Awards and Celebration in 2003, 2004 and 2010.
The Levinson family has its origins in Eastern Europe, though the majority of its members immigrated to the United States in the early 1900s. Members of the family were active in Boston business, science, and law. The material in the collection includes publications, photographs, a scrapbook, a photo album, and awards.