Found in 8 Collections and/or Records:
The B’nai B’rith Swampscott-Marblehead Chapter No. 847 is a local chapter of B’nai B’rith International, an organization founded in 1843 that advocates for the Jewish people and the State of Israel and works to combat anti-Semitism. This collection contains a program for an installation and dinner as well as the chapter’s newsletters.
This collection contains materials related to the Lynn, Salem-Beverly-Danvers, and Swampscott-Marblehead chapters of Hadassah, the Women's Zionist Organization of America, including a history of the Lynn chapter produced in 1993, newsletters from the Salem-Beverly-Danvers chapter, and notes, pamphlets, and other information contained in the personal binder of Swampscott-Marblehead chapter president Irma Levenbach.
The Jewish Heritage Center of the North Shore (JHCNS) collected the records of the North Shore Jewish community and developed exhibits, cultural events, and publications to preserve and disseminate the history of the community. JHCNS’s records contain administrative documents, such as by-laws, deeds of gift, loan agreements, and fundraising paperwork, as well as documents related to exhibits put on between 1991 and 2002.
At the time these photographs were taken in 1981 and 1985, Steven Kellerman was a machinist with an interest in synagogue history. This particular collection of photographs started with Kellerman’s visits to former synagogues in Dorchester and Roxbury, Massachusetts; the project expanded to include most of Massachusetts and other states.