Synagogues -- Massachusetts -- Boston
Found in 7 Collections and/or Records:
Congregation Anshei Libovitz (alternatively referred to as Lebowitz, Libawitz, Libavitz, and Lebavitz) was founded in 1890 in Downtown Boston. The collection contains meeting minutes and financial records that provide information on the congregation’s membership and the day-to-day management of the synagogue.
This collection contains a ledger from Congregation Beth Hamedrash Hagadol Anshe Sfard in Botson, Mass. The ledger, written in Hebrew and Yiddish manuscript, is from the Chevra Mishnayos (Mishna study group) of the congregation. It contains the constitution and by-laws as well as the names of the original members (both men and women) of the study group. Besides some of the names, there is either a date of death or an indication that the person died.
Congregation B’nai Moshe is a congregation located in Brighton, Boston, Massachusetts, formed in 1933. The congregation grew quickly and underwent several construction projects during its first two decades, moving from Chestnut Hill Avenue to Commonwealth Avenue, both in Brighton. This collection contains a souvenir booklet and dedication booklets produced by the congregation.
This collection contains meeting minutes, financial records, mailing lists, stationary, programs, and invitations created by Congregation Mishkan Israel and its Ladies Auxiliary.
This collection contains photographs and architectural drawings depicting 14 of the aron kodesh, or holy arks, created by early 20th century Russian woodworker Sam Katz. Also included are dedication programs, 3 snapshot portraits of Katz, and newspaper clippings relating to several congregations which feature Katz's holy arks.