Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
Found in 20 Collections and/or Records:
Abstract The American Technion Society was founded in 1940 as an organization to aid the Technion-Israel Institute of Technology, with the goal to aid the technological and scientific advancement of Israel. The Women’s Division, which was founded in 1956, did so by focusing its efforts on three main national programs: faculty recruitment, medical engineering, and student aid. Beginning in the 1970s, special interest was given to the Medical Engineering Project in the Medical School, a cause of...
Dates: undated, 1975-1991
Abstract This collection contains awards and honors, business records, meeting minutes, financial documents, correspondence, manuscripts, interview transcripts, and speeches documenting the work and personal lives of lawyer and philanthropist David R. Pokross and his wife Muriel K. Pokross.
Dates: undated, 1898-2015
Identifier: P-529 and P-529A
Abstract Contains papers and photos including correspondence and other materials relating to work as Chairman of the Jewish Agency for Palestine (and Israel), as National Chairman of the United Jewish Appeal, as a leading campaigner for Israel Bonds, and as co-founder of and Chairman of the Board of the Weizmann Institute of Science; 2 texts of radio broadcasts made in 1948 informing America about the Israeli war for independence and the new Israeli republic; a list of military equipment supplied by Mr....
Dates: undated, 1916-1984
Identifier: P-555 and P-555A
Abstract This collection contains speeches, essays, correspondence, resolutions, and photographs documenting the professional, political, and personal life of Elihu David Stone. Included are materials pertaining to Stone's Zionist activities and his associations with the New England Zionist Region, World Zionist Organization, Zionist Organization of America, Jewish National Fund, Keren Hayesod, and the passing of the Palestine and Lodge-Fish resolutions. Also included are speeches from Louis Lipsky,...
Dates: undated, 1881-2015
Abstract George and Sadie Kramer were active and dedicated members of the Zionist movement. Much of their work was done within their home community in Malden, Massachusetts. In Malden they addressed issues facing the Jewish community both locally and globally, including advocacy for Palestine to become the Jewish homeland, organizing community events, and working with the United Jewish Appeal. George and Sadie were also involved in Malden’s Masonic Lodges, George as a Grand Noble and Sadie as a lifetime...
Dates: undated, 1900-1964
Abstract This collection contains materials related to the Lynn, Salem-Beverly-Danvers, and Swampscott-Marblehead chapters of Hadassah, the Women's Zionist Organization of America, including a history of the Lynn chapter produced in 1993, newsletters from the Salem-Beverly-Danvers chapter, and notes, pamphlets, and other information contained in the personal binder of Swampscott-Marblehead chapter president Irma Levenbach.
Abstract Harry Levine was the Massachusetts President and Chairman of the Board of the U.S. Plastic and Chemical Company. He was highly involved in the establishment of the State of Israel, primarily related to his facilitating the construction and import of Uzi submachine guns into then British-Mandated Palestine. The majority of this collection includes transcribed interviews with Levine, photographs and correspondence. Biographical information, certificates, speeches and news articles are also...
Dates: undated, 1944-1977
Abstract Contains correspondence, addresses and speeches, newspaper clippings, and published material relating primarily to Ehrmann's activity in the national and Boston chapter of the American Jewish Committee (1935-1970). Of special interest is material on the relation of the Committee to the American Jewish Conference (1943-1948), the relationship of American Jewry to the State of Israel, and the attitude of the Committee to the establishment of Israel. Also contains genealogical material, in German...
Dates: undated, 1913-1970
Abstract The Jewish Community Center of the North Shore was established in 1911 as the Lynn Young Men’s Hebrew Association (YMHA). In 1943, the YMHA was renamed the Lynn Jewish Community Center, and in 1972, the organization moved to their current location in Marblehead, Massachusetts, at which time they changed their name to reflect their dedication to the entire North Shore community. The collection mostly consists of group and event photographs and various publications produced by the Center,...
Dates: undated, 1922-2004
Abstract The records provide material relating to the accreditation, fundraising, management, planning, policies, programs, and public relations of a hospital that continues to serve the Greater Boston area. The records includes correspondence of various Presidents, Board Members, and Executive Directors; Board and committee minutes; scrapbooks, photographs, videotape, and film created by the Public Relations department; records of various Auxiliary groups; correspondence, reports, surveys, and other...
Dates: undated, 1915-1999