Found in 6 Collections and/or Records:
Congregation Tifereth Israel was an Orthodox synagogue established in Revere, Massachusetts in 1912 and which closed in 2015. The collection consists primarily of financial and business records related to the operation of the synagogue and cemeteries.
Jacob Beerman (1871-1926) immigrated to the United States in 1885 and married Rose Solomon in 1904. The couple had a daughter, Sadie. Jacob owned a stationary company in Boston. The collection contains a book titled The Nineteen Letters of Ben Uziel, inscribed to Beerman from Charles Fleischer, former rabbi of Temple Israel in Boston, and a scroll marking the 25th anniversary of the B’nai Zion Educational Society in 1916.
Born in 1888 in Odessa, Sara (Buminowitz) Wernon Sloan immigrated to the United States at the age of ten with her mother and siblings. She became a garment worker and wrote of her experiences working in New York City. This collection contains typed manuscripts of her memoirs written in the 1970s and also includes related correspondence, in which various readers of the memoirs describe their impressions.
At the time these photographs were taken in 1981 and 1985, Steven Kellerman was a machinist with an interest in synagogue history. This particular collection of photographs started with Kellerman’s visits to former synagogues in Dorchester and Roxbury, Massachusetts; the project expanded to include most of Massachusetts and other states.
Temple B’nai Israel is a synagogue, established in the Beachmont neighborhood of Revere, Massachusetts in 1906. The congregation’s associated cemetery is located on Fuller Street in Everett. The collection consists of minutes from meetings of the congregation, Board of Directors, and miscellaneous other groups and committees, along with correspondence related to the synagogue and the Temple Israel Burial Society.