JHC16. North Shore (Mass.)
Found in 35 Collections and/or Records:
Abstract Aleph Zadik Aleph, known almost exclusively as AZA, was founded in Omaha, Nebraska in 1924 as a local social and service group for young Jewish men. Eventually the AZA separated itself from its role as the official youth auxiliary of B'nai B'rith and continues to operate today as the BBYO (B'nai B'rith Youth Organization). This collection contains correspondence, pamphlets, governance documents and promotional material from AZA chapters on the North Shore (Chelsea, Everett, Lynn, and...
Abstract Organized in Lynn, Massachusetts in 1931, the Alpha Delta Chapter was accepted into the national Alpha Phi Pi Jewish high school fraternity in 1932. After a period of dormancy, the Chapter was briefly reactivated in 1953 and an Alpha Delta Alumni group was formed in 1954. The material in this collection includes event programs and invitations, correspondence, photographs, news clippings and bulletins, Convention yearbooks, and a map and guide to Boston.
Abstract Although there is little information available about the Lynn, Massachusetts chapter of B'nai B'rith, internationally the organization is known for ensuring the continuity of the State of Israel and the Jewish people through education, advocacy and social services. This collection contains newsletters from the Lynn, Massachusetts chapter.
Abstract The B’nai B’rith Peabody Lodge No. 2765 was founded in 1969 as a local chapter of the larger B’nai B’rith International, which advocates for the Jewish people and works to combat anti-Semitism. The Peabody Lodge engaged in a variety of service and charitable activities in the Peabody area. This collection contains awards, correspondence, photographs, a scrapbook, and other miscellaneous materials.
Abstract The B’nai B’rith Swampscott-Marblehead Chapter No. 847 is a local chapter of B’nai B’rith International, an organization founded in 1843 that advocates for the Jewish people and the State of Israel and works to combat anti-Semitism. This collection contains a program for an installation and dinner as well as the chapter’s newsletters.
Abstract B’nai B’rith Women (now known as Jewish Women International) is an international women’s group that promotes advocacy for women and the Jewish community through education, advocacy, and social services. The Greater Lynn Chapter No. 367 began in 1942 as a women’s auxiliary of B’nai B’rith Greater Lynn Lodge. This collection contains an annual report, journals, awards, correspondence, news articles, photographs, and scrapbook.
Abstract Organized in April, 1924, the records of Boy Scout Troop 4 (Sachems) of Lynn, Massachusetts span from 1924 to 1945. During World War II, the scouts participated in an Emergency Service Corps, and were invited to participate in the Boy Scout - General Eisenhower Waste Paper Campaign. The material in this collection includes weekly meeting programs and reports, newspaper clippings, scout assignments and certificates, correspondence, financial records, a photograph, and the American flag used by...
Abstract Incorporated in 1901, Congregation Ahabat Sholom constructed a German Romanesque synagogue on Church Street, which was dedicated in 1905 during a ceremony lead by the congregation's first cantor, Benjamin Gordon. The congregation was one of Lynn’s several Jewish Orthodox congregations in the early 1900s. This collection contains administrative records, photographs, scrapbooks, and programmatic materials.
Abstract Congregation Anshai Sfard (Anshei, Anshe, Anshi) was a Hasidic, conservative Jewish Synagogue established by Jewish immigrants in Lynn, Massachusetts from 1888 to December 1999. This collection contains a letterpress printing block used to print the incorporation papers, a large "Golden Book of Congregation Anshei Sfard," which includes an illuminated manuscript with hand-painted and gold-leafed elements, a donor list, newspaper clippings, and photographs; meeting minutes, several family...
Abstract This collection contains materials related to the Lynn, Salem-Beverly-Danvers, and Swampscott-Marblehead chapters of Hadassah, the Women's Zionist Organization of America, including a history of the Lynn chapter produced in 1993, newsletters from the Salem-Beverly-Danvers chapter, and notes, pamphlets, and other information contained in the personal binder of Swampscott-Marblehead chapter president Irma Levenbach.