Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
Found in 22 Collections and/or Records:
Abstract Organized in April, 1924, the records of Boy Scout Troop 4 (Sachems) of Lynn, Massachusetts span from 1924 to 1945. During World War II, the scouts participated in an Emergency Service Corps, and were invited to participate in the Boy Scout - General Eisenhower Waste Paper Campaign. The material in this collection includes weekly meeting programs and reports, newspaper clippings, scout assignments and certificates, correspondence, financial records, a photograph, and the American flag used by...
Abstract Congregation Adath Israel was established in 1919 by a small group of Jewish farmers in Newtown, Connecticut. The synagogue expanded its building in 1957 and converted from the Orthodox movement to the Conservative movement in the 1970s. In 2007, they relocated to a larger building within Newtown. The collection primarily consists of administrative and financial records, along with newspaper clippings, photographs, and miscellaneous documents.
Abstract Congregation Tifereth Israel was founded in Everett in 1910 and dedicated their first synagogue in 1912. After working in close partnership for nearly 30 years, Congregation Tifereth Israel merged with Everett Hebrew School and Community School to become Congregation Tifereth Israel and Community Center in 1955. In 2016, Congregation Tifereth Israel and Community Center merged with the North Shore Chabad Lubavitch. This collection contains meeting minutes, news clippings, photographs,...
Overview Congregation Tifereth Israel was an Orthodox synagogue established in Revere, Massachusetts in 1912 and which closed in 2015. The collection consists primarily of financial and business records related to the operation of the synagogue and cemeteries.
Abstract This collection contains materials related to the Lynn, Salem-Beverly-Danvers, and Swampscott-Marblehead chapters of Hadassah, the Women's Zionist Organization of America, including a history of the Lynn chapter produced in 1993, newsletters from the Salem-Beverly-Danvers chapter, and notes, pamphlets, and other information contained in the personal binder of Swampscott-Marblehead chapter president Irma Levenbach.
Abstract The Hebrew Educational Alliance was formed in Roxbury, Massachusetts and built a community hall there in 1921, establishing an orthodox synagogue, Congregation Toras Moshe, soon after. The Congregation sold the land and merged with Congregation Kadimah of Brighton, MA in 1964 to form Congregation Kadimah-Toras Moshe. The collection contains administrative records, such as ledgers, insurance records, correspondence, and membership lists, as well as documents sent to members of the Congregation,...
Abstract The Hebrew Free Loan Association was formed circa 1935 in Pittsfield, Massachusetts to offer interest-free loans to dues-paying members of the organization in need of temporary financial relief. The records of the Association consist of two bound ledgers, one containing minutes from meetings of the organization’s officers, and the other holding a list of account holders and their transactions between 1949 and 1970.
Abstract The Hebrew Free Loan Society was organized in 1912 to assist those in need of temporary financial relief. Formed in the wake of increasing immigration from Eastern Europe and the proliferation of urban poverty, the Society also became a constituent of the Federation of Jewish Charities. These records document the Society’s major operations and include administrative articles, in meeting minutes, and financial reports and statements.
Abstract The Jewish Agency for Israel (JAFI) was established in 1929 to assist the Jewish population in Palestine. It is now the largest Jewish nonprofit organization in the world and seeks to connect the Jewish diaspora to Israel and vice versa, as well as running programs to support the Israeli population through education and economic development. This collection centers on the Department for Renewal and Development within JAFI, primarily between the years 1990 through 1992 and includes reports to...
Abstract This collection contains a range of materials documenting the Jewish community of Peabody, Mass. Included are materials on Jewish-owned businesses, Jewish individuals and families, and Jewish organizations in Peabody. The collection was established by the Jewish Heritage Center of the North Shore through many separate donations of materials relating to Peabody’s Jewish community.