Found in 11 Collections and/or Records:
Organized in Lynn, Massachusetts in 1931, the Alpha Delta Chapter was accepted into the national Alpha Phi Pi Jewish high school fraternity in 1932. After a period of dormancy, the Chapter was briefly reactivated in 1953 and an Alpha Delta Alumni group was formed in 1954. The material in this collection includes event programs and invitations, correspondence, photographs, news clippings and bulletins, Convention yearbooks, and a map and guide to Boston.
The B’nai B’rith Swampscott-Marblehead Chapter No. 847 is a local chapter of B’nai B’rith International, an organization founded in 1843 that advocates for the Jewish people and the State of Israel and works to combat anti-Semitism. This collection contains a program for an installation and dinner as well as the chapter’s newsletters.
This collection contains materials related to the Lynn, Salem-Beverly-Danvers, and Swampscott-Marblehead chapters of Hadassah, the Women's Zionist Organization of America, including a history of the Lynn chapter produced in 1993, newsletters from the Salem-Beverly-Danvers chapter, and notes, pamphlets, and other information contained in the personal binder of Swampscott-Marblehead chapter president Irma Levenbach.
At the time these photographs were taken in 1981 and 1985, Steven Kellerman was a machinist with an interest in synagogue history. This particular collection of photographs started with Kellerman’s visits to former synagogues in Dorchester and Roxbury, Massachusetts; the project expanded to include most of Massachusetts and other states.
Temple Beth El was founded in Lynn in 1924. In 1946, members of the congregation split off to form Temple Israel, and in 1968, Temple Beth El expanded from its Lynn location to Swampscott. The two temples reunited in 2005 to become Congregation Shirat Hiyam. This collection contains documents related to many areas of synagogue life, including general membership, the music program, the Religious School, temple governance, and the Sisterhood.